Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Have you ever read the book Eat Pray Love? By Elizabeth Gilbert. It was given to me from a dear friend a few years ago, but I never took the time to read it. I was always reading other books or to busy to read that one. But this past weekend I finally picked it up and started reading it and I know that I am in love with it. It is simply marvelous. The author is so amazing of how she uses her words and describes every little thing and I swear I learn something new along every single page. But the book is about her travels to Italy, India, and Indonesia. The book is then divided into three books, each about her time spent in each area. I am currently finishing up the Italy portion. But throughout all of the text she includes Italian words that she has learned, her favorites, others favorites, or ones that just apply to the situation that she is speaking of. She is so in love with the Italian language that it made me want to start learning Italian! And I actually did research on downloading some clips to listen to, to learn a few words but then I remembered...I am part German. I have taken a german class for three years now and I have visited Germany twice (Once to visit my family from there and another time for a student exchange) I speak german sometimes at home with my mother and grandmother, who were both born in Germany. (My Omi -- german for grandmother -- was actually born on D Day in germany, talk about cool. I hope to write a book about it one day.) But when I read how well Liz (the author) understands and can communicate in Italian, it showed me how little I know about the German language. So as of today I am going to try to learn more about the german language every single day so that soon I can actually be bilingual with both languages.

This is my new goal in life. Now we'll just see how long it takes me to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment